This Policy applies to the Sites, applications, products and services (collectively, “Services”) on or in which it is posted, linked, or referenced.
Please note that this Policy does not apply to information collected through third-party websites or services that you may access through the Services or that you submit to us through email, text message or other electronic message or offline.
- 2.1. For this section, Personal Information will be understood under the definition provided in the Protection of Personal Information Act 4 of 2013 (“the POPI Act”). SEVERUS also subscribes to the principles for electronically collecting Personal Information outlined in the POPI Act and the further legislation referred to therein and the European Union’s General Data Protection Regulations (2018) (“GDPR”). We endeavour to ensure the quality, accuracy and confidentiality of Personal Information in our possession.
- 2.3. Users will be prompted to register an account with SEVERUS. Upon registration and for the duration of the relationship, we will collect, retain and (only where needed) share your personal information for the sole purpose of rendering the services to you and to satisfy regulatory obligations. Information we collect from you may include:
- – Identity information, such as your name/s, surname, username or similar identifier, identity number, passport number, title, date of birth and gender;
- – Contact information, such as your residential address, postal address, email address, cell phone number and telephone number;
- – Profile information, such as your username and password, interests, preferences, feedback and survey responses;
- – Feedback and correspondence, such as information you provide in your responses to surveys, when you participate in market research activities, report a problem with Service, receive customer support or otherwise correspond with us;
- – Financial information, such as your credit card or other payment card details;
- – Transaction information;
- – Usage information, such as information about how you use the Service and interact with us;
- – Marketing information, such as your preferences for receiving marketing communications and details about how you engage with them;
- – Technical information, such as other relevant cryptocurrency wallet address, application programming interface (API)-key and network information regarding transactions.
- – Financial information, such as bank account number and bank routing number; financial assets holdings; and
- – From time to time, what may be required under global KYC (Know Your Customer) or Financial Intelligence Centre Act (FICA) processes.
- – Where applicable under the Common Reporting Standard (“CRS”) and the Foreign Account Tax Compliance Act (“FATCA”), gather the necessary information in terms thereof.
3. USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
- – To enable you to access and use the Services
- – To provide and deliver products and services that you may request.
- – Informing you of changes made to the SEVERUS website;
- – To process and complete transactions, and send you related information, including purchase confirmations and invoices
- – To send information, including confirmations, technical notices, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages.
- – Responding to any queries or requests you may have;
- – Marketing of SEVERUS Services and other related offerings to you;
- – Developing an online user profile;
- – Understanding general user trends and patterns so that SEVERUS can develop and support existing and ongoing marketing strategies;
- – For security, administrative and legal purposes; and
- – The creation and development of market data profiles may provide insight into market norms, practices and trends to help SEVERUS improve our offering to you. Such information will be compiled and retained in aggregated form but shall not be used in any way that may compromise your identity.
- 3.2. We use your personal information as we believe necessary or appropriate to comply with applicable laws (including anti-money laundering (AML) laws and know-your-customer (KYC) requirements), lawful requests and legal process, such as to respond to subpoenas or requests from government authorities.
- 3.3. We use your personal information to communicate about promotions, upcoming events, and other news about products and services offered by us and our selected partners.
- 3.4. In order to effectively render our Services to you, we may share your Personal Information, where necessary, with website analytics services, identity verification and KYC/FICA partners, exchange platform partners, payment gateways, bulk email marketing service providers, regulators, authorised exchange control dealers and/or other regulatory authorities as required by law, as well as other service providers required to render our Services to you. We may also use your information to respond to your comments and questions regarding the Services, and to provide you and other users with general customer service.
- 3.5. We may use or share your personal information with your consent, such as when you consent to let us post your testimonials or endorsements on our Sites, you instruct us to take a specific action with respect to your personal information, or you opt into third party marketing communications.
- 3.6. We may use your personal information to protect, investigate, and deter against fraudulent, unauthorised, or illegal activity.
- 3.7. All payment/transaction information will be conducted by electronic funds transfer (EFT), alternatively, specific credit and debit cards permitted by SEVERUS from time to time. Further, SEVERUS shall retain a user’s designated bank account details for utilisation regarding the user’s withdrawals as and when required.
- 3.8 As per POPIA, all Personal Information will be collected and processed lawfully.
4. YOUR RIGHTS
You have the following rights concerning the processing of your Personal Information:
- 4.1. You have the right to request from SEVERUS copies of your personal data. We may charge you a small fee for this service.
- 4.2. You have the right to request SEVERUS to confirm, free of charge, whether we hold Personal Information about you. You may ask SEVERUS to provide you with a description of the Personal Information held by us or by a third party for a minimal fee.
- 4.3. You have the right to request that we correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request SEVERUS to complete information you believe is incomplete.
- 4.4. You have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- 4.5. You may withdraw your consent at any time, provided that such withdrawal does not affect the processing necessary for the conclusion or performance of our services.
- 4.6. You have the right to object to the processing of Personal Information for direct marketing purposes.
- 4.7. You have the right to request that SEVERUS deletes the Personal Information about you in our possession or under our control that is inaccurate, irrelevant, excessive, out of date, incomplete, misleading or obtained unlawfully. At the same time, you have the right to request SEVERUS to destroy or delete a record of Personal Information about you that SEVERUS is no longer authorised to retain, subject to any legislative requirement to retain documents for reporting purposes.
In South Africa, this is the Information Regulator whose contact details are set out below: Telephone: +27 (0) 10 023 5207; or Email: email@example.com.
If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us at our email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- – Keeping you signed in
- – Understanding how you use our website
- – Data Analytics
- 5.3. Our website uses the following cookies:
- – Functionality – SEVERUS uses these cookies so that we recognize you on our website and remember your previously selected preferences. These could include what language you prefer and location you are in. A mix of first-party and third-party cookies are used.
- – Advertising – SEVERUS uses these cookies to collect information about your visit to our website, the content you viewed, the links you followed and information about your browser, device, and your IP address. We sometimes share some limited aspects of this data with third parties for advertising purposes. We may also share online data collected through cookies with our advertising partners. This means that when you visit another website, you may be shown advertising based on your browsing patterns on our website .
- 5.4. You can set your browser not to accept cookies, and the above website tells you how to remove cookies from your browser. However, in a few cases, some of our website features may not function as a result.
6. SHARING OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
- 6.1.2. We may share personal information when we do a business deal, or negotiate a business deal, involving the sale or transfer of all or a part of our business or assets. These deals can include any merger, financing, acquisition, or bankruptcy transaction or proceeding.
- 6.1.3. We may share personal information for legal, protection, and safety purposes.
- 6.1.4. We may share information to comply with laws, including KYC and AML requirements.
- 6.1.5. We may share information to respond to lawful requests and legal processes.
- 6.1.7. We may share information in an emergency. This includes protecting the safety of our employees and agents, our customers, or any person.
- 6.1.8. We may share information with those who need it to do work for us. These recipients may include third party companies and individuals to administer and provide the Service on our behalf (such as EFT and credit card payment processing, customer support, hosting, email delivery and database management services), as well as lawyers, bankers, auditors, and insurers.
- 6.1.9. You may permit us to share your personal information with other companies or entities of your choosing. Those uses will be subject to the privacy policies of the recipient entity or entities.
- 6.1.10. We may also share aggregated and/or anonymized data with others for their own uses
7. INTERNATIONAL TRANSACTIONS
- 7.1. In order for SEVERUS to properly perform its services, it may be required for us to transfer Personal Information to a third party which is situated outside of South Africa.
- 7.2. In this regard, SEVERUS undertakes to:
- 7.2.2. prevent, as far as possible, any third party from further transferring the Personal Information to another third party;
- 7.2.3. use reasonable endeavours to ensure that the third party has implemented reasonable and appropriate technical and organisational security measures to safeguard the Personal Information in such jurisdiction.
8. LOG FILES
9. LINKS FROM THE WEBSITE
- 9.1. The Website, and the Services available through the Website, may contain links to other third-party websites (“Third Party Websites”). If you select a link to any Third Party Website, you may be subject to such Third Party Website’s terms and conditions and/or other policies, which are not under the control, nor responsibility, of SEVERUS.
- 9.2. Hyperlinks to Third Party Websites are provided “as is”, and SEVERUS does not necessarily agree with, edit or sponsor the content on Third Party Websites.
- 9.3. SEVERUS does not monitor or review the content of any Third Party Website. Opinions expressed or material appearing on such websites are not necessarily shared or endorsed by us and we should not be regarded as the publisher of such opinions or material. Please be aware that we are not responsible for the privacy practices, or content, of Third Party 9.4. Websites, either.
- 9.4. Users should evaluate the security and trustworthiness of any Third Party Website before disclosing any Personal Information to them. SEVERUS does not accept any responsibility for any loss or damage in whatever manner, howsoever caused, resulting from your disclosure to third parties of Personal Information.